Yesterday I spent the morning charging gopro batteries, cleaning lenses and re-focusing my gopro replacement lense which was cracked. I think the original was broken in a motorcycle crash I had in the woods of Wisconsin.
I also tested my Kingston G2 with my portable hard drive and my phone. I got the G2 for really cheap on ebay $35 back in March. This device allows me to transfer my gopro video and photos wirelessly using my phone as a sort of file server to my portable hard drive which I already had.
So, I use my android phone with an app by Kingston "MobileLite" which is available on the google play store for free. .
The combined system works great and it will allow me to clear my gopro's sd card on a daily basis. It also allows me to use the hard drive to store feature length videos for the plane trip over and back (27 hours on a plane...yuck!) The G2 will also fully charge a cell phone twice to capacity if we need to. The best part is it eliminates the need to carry a heavy laptop. I just need my phone or a small tablet.
Check out this video to see the setup I am using:
My other camera is an older Olympus Stylus 3000 12 mp point and shoot. I am trying to decide whether it should go with us or stay home. My Samsung S5 phone takes great photos and may be all I need but, I will do a test this weekend to determine which of the two is better. I'd like to leave the Olympus at home if possible because it's one extra thing to carry and also requires a pair of back up batteries and a charger.
Comments are encouraged.
I also tested my Kingston G2 with my portable hard drive and my phone. I got the G2 for really cheap on ebay $35 back in March. This device allows me to transfer my gopro video and photos wirelessly using my phone as a sort of file server to my portable hard drive which I already had.
So, I use my android phone with an app by Kingston "MobileLite" which is available on the google play store for free. .
The combined system works great and it will allow me to clear my gopro's sd card on a daily basis. It also allows me to use the hard drive to store feature length videos for the plane trip over and back (27 hours on a plane...yuck!) The G2 will also fully charge a cell phone twice to capacity if we need to. The best part is it eliminates the need to carry a heavy laptop. I just need my phone or a small tablet.
Check out this video to see the setup I am using:
My other camera is an older Olympus Stylus 3000 12 mp point and shoot. I am trying to decide whether it should go with us or stay home. My Samsung S5 phone takes great photos and may be all I need but, I will do a test this weekend to determine which of the two is better. I'd like to leave the Olympus at home if possible because it's one extra thing to carry and also requires a pair of back up batteries and a charger.
Comments are encouraged.
Backup equipment is good as long as you can stand for it to be stolen. Carry always or leave in a safe place or leave at home. I always take too muchj stuff.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I was going to by a cheap SLR but decided the gopro and phone would be my go to. The rest of the stuff (hard drive etc) will stay in the hotel or room safe while we are out and about.
ReplyDelete