Friday, September 18, 2015

Happy Hour in Saigon

Two drinks for the price of one. $200,000 vnd. Or $8.98 for four ice cold drinks.

Martha's Comments

We took several breaks in the bar at the Paradise Saigon Boutique Hotel.  It was right off the lobby, and right on the street, providing air conditioned comfort as well as ample opportunities for people watching and traffic watching.  We found that all the Vietnamese restaurants had a separate menu for drinks, and it included lots of cocktails as well as non-alcoholic drinks such as teas, coffees and smoothies.  

Chuck enjoyed trying out the local beers.  I got the "umbrella drinks" which were sometimes decorated to the point where it was hard to find the glass.  Wine in Vietnam was expensive, so I drank very little of that.  I found that they grow both pineapple and coconut in Vietnam, so the pina colada seemed to be a good drink to order.  They were so good, I kept ordering them throughout our vacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment