Sunday, September 6, 2015

10 days until we board an aircraft bound for Vietnam

We have been doing a lot of reading about Vietnam and the areas we plan to visit. We've also had some not so stellar attempts at learning some common Vietnamese phrases.  Suffice to say we are going to have to rely heavily on gestures and body language.   At the least we are hoping that the hotels have some english speaking staff at the front desks. Maybe then we can ask questions about where we want to go and how to get there.  Otherwise, it's the guidebook baby!

I'm toying around with idea of bringing my SPOT Locator with me so people can see where we are as we travel.  Our itinerary is on the right side of this blog and if I end up taking the SPOT you should be able to match up where we are in relationship to the agenda.

When and if I take it I will post a link to my SPOT page here.

For those who don't know the SPOT is, it's a personal geo-location device that is very small and leaves series of bread crumbs (flags) on a map to show our position in relationship to the map.

Charlie

Comments encouraged

3 comments:

  1. Yes, take it, will be fun for us poor folks stuck here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted the link to my SPOT page on the right. It is going to go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sez I am already stalking you. Rut Rowe !!! :D

      Delete